Click [here] for printable version.
CRIME ALERT: University of Michigan Police
|2012-5 / U-M DPS (12-709)|
Date of Incident:
|March 2, 2012 between midnight and 9am|
|4/3/12 on McIntyre Rd and 3/2/12 on Stone Road (Northwood V) (North Campus off Hubbard Rd)|
| (updated on Apr 03 2012 15:15)|
Two additional similar incidents were reported today in the 1500 block of McIntyre. Around 4 a.m., a resident reported that he had awoken when an unknown subject opened his unlocked, sliding glass door. The subject then fled on foot. It is unknown if the subject entered the apartment.
A second resident in the 1100 block of McIntyre reported at 8 a.m. that he found his backpack and jackets missing from the living room. He discovered that the sliding screen door was ajar and the glass door unlocked. He later found the backpack and jackets nearby outside.
(updated on Mar 02 2012 15:20)
Residents in two apartments on Stone Road reported that overnight while they were sleeping, backpacks were taken from the first floor of their apartments. One backpack was recovered outside nearby, but cash was missing. In each incident, entry apparently was made through the unlocked sliding glass door (the security bar had not been in place either).
|No information at this time|
If you have any information:
Please contact U-M POLICE (UMPD) at (734) 763-1131 or dial 9-1-1
- If you see a suspect, do not approach--call police.
- Always keep your doors locked, even while at home.
- Look assertive and be aware of your surroundings.
- Be aware that your risk increases in secluded and isolated areas.
- Walk with a trusted friend or co-worker when possible.
- Trust your intuition. If a particular situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, choose an alternative.
- Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle or residence.
- If you feel threatened on campus, look for a blue light emergency phone or call 9-1-1 from any phone (no coins need for 9-1-1 calls).
- Confidential TIP line 1-800-863-1355.
Click [here] for more news...