Click [here] for printable version.
CRIME ALERT: University of Michigan Police
|2012-7 / U-M DPS (#12-935)|
Date of Incident:
|March 19, 2012 about 4:40pm|
|Nichols Arboretum, path leading from entrance off Washington Heights near the Readers Center|
| (updated on Mar 23 2012 16:45)|
CANCELED - A charge of unarmed robbery has been authorized for a 25-year-old man, who currently is in custody on other charges.
(updated on Mar 19 2012 21:50)
A student reported that as she was walking along the path, an unknown man approached her, punched her in the face knocking her down, and took her cell phone and cash. She fled toward the river.
|Black male, early 20s, 5'8" to 5'10", chubby build and chubby face, wearing a dark blue t-shirt and dark cargo shorts|
If you have any information:
Please contact U-M POLICE (UMPD) at (734) 763-1131 or dial 9-1-1
- If you see a suspect, do not approach--call police.
- Always keep your doors locked, even while at home.
- Look assertive and be aware of your surroundings.
- Be aware that your risk increases in secluded and isolated areas.
- Walk with a trusted friend or co-worker when possible.
- Trust your intuition. If a particular situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, choose an alternative.
- Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle or residence.
- If you feel threatened on campus, look for a blue light emergency phone or call 9-1-1 from any phone (no coins need for 9-1-1 calls).
- Confidential TIP line 1-800-863-1355.
Click [here] for more news...