Click [here] for printable version.
CRIME ALERT: University of Michigan Police
|2012-9 / U-M DPS (#12-1705)|
Date of Incident:
|May 26, 2012|
|600 block of East University, south of South University (next to School of Social Work)|
| (updated on May 26 2012 05:15)|
A student was walking south on East University, when he was approached from behind and pushed to the ground by an unknown male. The suspect took the victim’s necklace and left. The victim followed the suspect and the two exchanged punches before the suspect fled on foot.
|1: Black male in his mid-20s, 5'11" with a goatee, wearing a white hooded sweatshirt and jeans|
2: Black male, about 20, 6'3" skinny, wearing a red long-sleeve sweater
If you have any information:
Please contact U-M POLICE (UMPD) at (734) 763-1131 or dial 9-1-1
- If you see a suspect, do not approach--call police.
- Always keep your doors locked, even while at home.
- Look assertive and be aware of your surroundings.
- Be aware that your risk increases in secluded and isolated areas.
- Walk with a trusted friend or co-worker when possible.
- Trust your intuition. If a particular situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, choose an alternative.
- Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle or residence.
- If you feel threatened on campus, look for a blue light emergency phone or call 9-1-1 from any phone (no coins need for 9-1-1 calls).
- Confidential TIP line 1-800-863-1355.
Click [here] for more news...