Click [here] for printable version.
CRIME ALERT: University of Michigan Police
|2012-10 / U-M DPS (#12-1820)|
Date of Incident:
|June 9, 2012 between 11:30pm and midnight|
|Ingalls Mall, near Modern Languages Building (800 block of East Washington)|
| (updated on Jun 11 2012 14:00)|
CANCELED - Through follow-up investigation, it has been determined that the reported assault did not occur.
(updated on Jun 10 2012 06:30)
A female reported that as she was walking northbound through Ingalls Mall, she was approached by three unknown males who taunted her using an anti-homosexual slur. One of the males grabbed her multiple times, including her arm and breast, before she could push him away and flee northbound. The suspects did not pursue her and she did not seek medical attention.
|White male, 6', 18-20 years, medium build, medium-length blonde hair and unshaven, wearing a light-colored t-shirt and blue jeans|
If you have any information:
Please contact U-M POLICE (UMPD) at (734) 763-1131 or dial 9-1-1
- If you see a suspect, do not approach--call police.
- Always keep your doors locked, even while at home.
- Look assertive and be aware of your surroundings.
- Be aware that your risk increases in secluded and isolated areas.
- Walk with a trusted friend or co-worker when possible.
- Trust your intuition. If a particular situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, choose an alternative.
- Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle or residence.
- If you feel threatened on campus, look for a blue light emergency phone or call 9-1-1 from any phone (no coins need for 9-1-1 calls).
- Confidential TIP line 1-800-863-1355.
Click [here] for more news...