Click [here] for printable version.
CRIME ALERT: University of Michigan Police
|2012-11 / AAPD (#12-29174)|
Date of Incident:
|July 2, 2012, early morning|
|1200 block of Oakland Ave., off-campus south of Central Campus|
|Home Invasion/attempted sexual assault|
| (updated on Oct 04 2012 16:50)|
CANCELED - Suspect arraigned 10/4/2012 and in custody.
(updated on Jul 06 2012 16:00)
As told to the Ann Arbor Police on July 5, an unknown man entered an apartment through an unlocked window and attempted to assault a woman. The incident was interrupted by a witness. A weapon was indicated but not seen. The suspect fled on foot.
|Black male, mid-20s, dark complexion and short hair|
If you have any information:
Please contact U-M POLICE (UMPD) at (734) 763-1131 or dial 9-1-1
or the ANN ARBOR POLICE DEPARTMENT Tip Line (734) 794-6939 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you see a suspect, do not approach--call police.
- Always keep your doors locked, even while at home.
- Look assertive and be aware of your surroundings.
- Be aware that your risk increases in secluded and isolated areas.
- Walk with a trusted friend or co-worker when possible.
- Trust your intuition. If a particular situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, choose an alternative.
- Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle or residence.
- If you feel threatened on campus, look for a blue light emergency phone or call 9-1-1 from any phone (no coins need for 9-1-1 calls).
- Confidential TIP line 1-800-863-1355.
Click [here] for more news...