Click [here] for printable version.
CRIME ALERT: University of Michigan Police
|2012-13 / AAPD (#12-40515)|
Date of Incident:
|Sept. 10, 2012 about 3:45am|
|Off-campus 700 block of Division St (between Packard and Hill streets)|
| (updated on Sep 11 2012 13:00)|
Sept. 11 UPDATE -- The Ann Arbor Police took four additional reports of Home Invasions in the past 24 hours from locations near campus-- 600 block of Oxford, 900 block of Oakland, 900 block of South Forest and another in the 700 block of Division. Entry into the apartments reportedly occurred through unlocked doors or windows. Be sure to secure your houses and apartments, including near external stairs. Contact police immediately if you observe or hear suspicious behavior.
(updated on Sep 10 2012 09:00)
As told to the Ann Arbor Police, a student awoke in her house to find two unknown males. They fled out a door after taking a wallet. Entry may have been through a first-floor window.
|Two males (unknown race), tall, average build and well-groomed. One was wearing a black-and-white plaid shirt and blue jeans. The other was wearing a darker-colored shirt and blue jeans.|
If you have any information:
Please contact U-M POLICE (UMPD) at (734) 763-1131 or dial 9-1-1
or the ANN ARBOR POLICE DEPARTMENT Tip Line (734) 794-6939 or email@example.com
- If you see a suspect, do not approach--call police.
- Always keep your doors locked, even while at home.
- Look assertive and be aware of your surroundings.
- Be aware that your risk increases in secluded and isolated areas.
- Walk with a trusted friend or co-worker when possible.
- Trust your intuition. If a particular situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, choose an alternative.
- Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle or residence.
- If you feel threatened on campus, look for a blue light emergency phone or call 9-1-1 from any phone (no coins need for 9-1-1 calls).
- Confidential TIP line 1-800-863-1355.
Click [here] for more news...