Click [here] for printable version.
CRIME ALERT: University of Michigan Police
|2012-15 / AAPD|
Date of Incident:
|Sept. 27 - Oct. 1, 2012|
|Southeast of central campus (1200 block of S. University, 800 and 1200 blocks of Oakland, 800 and 1100 blocks of Hill St, 600 block of Church St)|
| (updated on Oct 02 2012 15:50)|
The Ann Arbor Police received six reports of home invasions of off-campus student houses/apartments in recent days. In all incidents, entry was gained through unlocked doors or windows. Laptops and other electronics were targeted.
|Descriptions, if provided, greatly vary|
If you have any information:
Please contact U-M POLICE (UMPD) at (734) 763-1131 or dial 9-1-1
or the ANN ARBOR POLICE DEPARTMENT Tip Line (734) 794-6939 or email@example.com
- If you see a suspect, do not approach--call police.
- Always keep your doors locked, even while at home.
- Look assertive and be aware of your surroundings.
- Be aware that your risk increases in secluded and isolated areas.
- Walk with a trusted friend or co-worker when possible.
- Trust your intuition. If a particular situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, choose an alternative.
- Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle or residence.
- If you feel threatened on campus, look for a blue light emergency phone or call 9-1-1 from any phone (no coins need for 9-1-1 calls).
- Confidential TIP line 1-800-863-1355.
Click [here] for more news...