NEWS Semester test of UM Emergency Alert scheduled for Friday
The semester test of the UM Emergency Alert system is expected to be conducted mid-day Friday (Nov. 2).
In case of an actual emergency, more information and incident updates will be posted on the University Police website (http://police.umich.edu ) as information becomes available. For more information about the UM Emergency Alert system, including how to register to receive text and voice messages, visit http://www.umemergencyalert.umich.edu/ (see link in right-hand column of this page).
WHAT IS UM EMERGENCY ALERT?
UM Emergency Alert is a mass, urgent notification system, comprised of a variety of methods by which the University can contact students, faculty and staff of an active, major campus emergency:
- Text messages (SMS)
- Voice messages
- Emails (all students, faculty and staff will receive emails, but processing time often is not quick)
When the University Police determines there is an active emergency in which the public safety of the campus may be at risk, an urgent notification through the UM Emergency Alert system will be initiated. Localized incidents within a building (such as a small fire or hazardous material spill in a lab) probably won’t require a mass notification.
HOW CAN I RECEIVE TEXT OR VOICE MESSAGES?
If you also would like to receive text or voice messages when the UM Emergency Alert System is activated and you haven’t registered your device numbers,
1) Go to Wolverine Access
2) Select Employee Business or Student Business.
* In the upper left corner, select UM EMERGENCY ALERTS
* Add your UM Emergency Alert phone numbers (two voice and/or one text), and click Save.
* Click on ?Help at the top of the Wolverine Access page for step-by-step instructions.
updated on Oct 30 2012 14:00
Click [here] for more news...