Click [here] for printable version.
CRIME ALERT: University of Michigan Police
|2012-18 / U-M DPS (#12-3664)|
Date of Incident:
|Nov. 12, 2012 about 9pm|
|1900 block of McIntyre (Northwood IV)|
|Attempted Home Invasion|
| (updated on Dec 03 2012 13:00)|
Police have determined this incident likely was a subject opening the wrong apartment door and that no crime was committed. The alert has been canceled.
(updated on Nov 12 2012 22:50)
A resident reported hearing banging noises downstairs and found the security chain on the front door had just been broken off. No property was disturbed or missing and entry did not appear to have been made.
|No description available.|
If you have any information:
Please contact U-M POLICE (UMPD) at (734) 763-1131 or dial 9-1-1
- If you see a suspect, do not approach--call police.
- Always keep your doors locked, even while at home.
- Look assertive and be aware of your surroundings.
- Be aware that your risk increases in secluded and isolated areas.
- Walk with a trusted friend or co-worker when possible.
- Trust your intuition. If a particular situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, choose an alternative.
- Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle or residence.
- If you feel threatened on campus, look for a blue light emergency phone or call 9-1-1 from any phone (no coins need for 9-1-1 calls).
- Confidential TIP line 1-800-863-1355.
Click [here] for more news...