Click [here] for printable version.
CRIME ALERT: University of Michigan Police
|2012-19 / AAPD (#12-53544)|
Date of Incident:
|Nov. 19, 2012 about 11:30pm|
|Off-campus near Roosevelt and Forest Ave (south of Hill St)|
| (updated on Nov 20 2012 09:50)|
As told to the Ann Arbor Police, a student was approached by an unknown man who wielded a knife. The suspect took the victim's wallet, iPhone and cash. The suspect fled in an unknown direction. The victim was not injured.
|1: Male, unknown race, about 6'-6'1" and slender build, wearing a black, hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans|
If you have any information:
Please contact U-M POLICE (UMPD) at (734) 763-1131 or dial 9-1-1
or the ANN ARBOR POLICE DEPARTMENT Tip Line (734) 794-6939 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you see a suspect, do not approach--call police.
- Always keep your doors locked, even while at home.
- Look assertive and be aware of your surroundings.
- Be aware that your risk increases in secluded and isolated areas.
- Walk with a trusted friend or co-worker when possible.
- Trust your intuition. If a particular situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, choose an alternative.
- Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle or residence.
- If you feel threatened on campus, look for a blue light emergency phone or call 9-1-1 from any phone (no coins need for 9-1-1 calls).
- Confidential TIP line 1-800-863-1355.
Click [here] for more news...